For those who would like to help us launch the Conrad and Corona’s special brand of smartassery on an unsuspecting public, we have established the C&C Secret Snark Society. The Society is a street team that helps promote Conrad & Corona books through positive online and in-person interactions.
How do you get started?
Go to our Facebook page, here and ask to join. As soon as your membership is approved:
Find the Secret Society Task that works for you. Do whatever makes you comfortable. Share your thoughts about our books or writing style on your blog or web site. Share our posts or updates on your Facebook or Twitter page. The most important thing is that you – A) Have fun. B) Share the book love with people you think might enjoy my work. And C) Regulate your enthusiasm before you end up with anything permanent like a “Galya and Andrey 4Eva” tattoo. I’m just saying.
Rules and Regulations of the Secret Society
Pick at least three* Society Task options that you’re comfortable with. Let us know what you do with posts/comments in the Facebook group, including links or pictures or anything you’ve got so we can give you a thank you in return.
If you’re doing in-person Missions, we’ll send you a promo package before the book release with bookmarks, postcards or various goodies to share with booksellers, friends, random book-reading strangers, etc. If you need more, let us know. If you need less, let us know that, too. We’ll include a gift for you, too, just to say thanks.
*You’re welcome to pick more than three, of course—but to earn goodies, you just need three. They don’t have to be the same for each book. Whatever works for you is much appreciated.
Secret Society Tasks:
- If you’re going to buy a book, consider buying the book the first week it’s out. First week sales are what make books bestsellers!
- Visit your local bookstore(s). Chat with the bookseller, talk up the book, ask to put bookmarks in all of the copies and leave promo materials at the sales or information desk.
- Visit your local store(s) that sells the book (Target, Walmart, Hallmark, drug store, etc) and put the bookmarks in the books. See if the store manager will let you put promo materials in the book section. And if you don’t see the book on the shelves, ask the manager to stock it.
- Visit your library(s) and talk the books up to the librarian. Ask to leave promo materials at the desk.
- Talk to your local Reader Groups about reading the book. Share promotional materials with them. Set up Skype style reader group talk with us to discuss the story.
- Talk the books up to your friends, neighbors, hairdresser, dog walker, lady in line behind you at the grocery store. Give out bookmarks, recruit other secret society members through a series of winks and hand gestures. Eventually, we will achieve world domination, but no one will know, because we’ll do it in secret.
- Talk up the book to your friends, reader groups, Twitter pals, blog readers, Facebook friends, chat group buddies, computer repair guy, anyone and everyone you think might be interested. Send them here to our site, share the love.
- If you’ve read the book and are comfortable doing so, write a review. Any review you give is great, but reviews when the book is first released help a ton! Post the review on Amazon or on Goodreads or on Barnes & Noble or on your blog or on Facebook or anywhere that supports books and authors.
- ‘Like’ the book (both mass market and Kindle) on retailer site of your choice. The more likes a book gets, the better chance readers will see it.
- Host or interview us on your blog, or share our book trailers or cover.
- Share or retweet our book news, posts, random chatter. Maybe someone will see it and think ‘wow, I have to check these authors out.’
- Come by and visit us when we’re blogging, or in a chat, or being wildly inappropriate online somewhere, as we are won’t to do.
Before you accept this society membership, a word of warning: We would love to have your support, but oversharing is a dangerous thing, especially online. Once, twice a week is awesome. Once, twice a day might result in de-friending or intervention by the authorities. You know your friends and your reader love venue best, though. So go with what feels right, but never feel obligated to scream from the rooftops or offer up praise we didn’t earn.
Also the first rule of C&C Secret Snark Society is that we basically talk to everybody we know about C&C Secret Snark Society. We’re contrary that way.